Grants Pass restaurant sued over Norovirus outbreak
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GRANTS PASS, Ore. (January 31, 2005) – A lawsuit was filed today against Si Casa Flores, the Grants Pass restaurant linked to a Norovirus outbreak during the first week of January, 2005. The lawsuit was filed by Marler Clark, the Seattle law firm nationally known for its representation of victims of foodborne illness, on behalf of two Grants Pass men. The complaint was filed in Josephine County Circuit Court.
Plaintiffs in the case, Don and Joseph Penasso, are both residents of Grants Pass. They ate at Si Casa Flores on January 5, and became ill with symptoms of Norovirus (formerly called Norwalk or Norwalk-like Virus) on January 7. According to the complaint, Don Penasso suffers from an immune system disorder, and continues to suffer from the effects of his Norovirus infection. Joseph Penasso has been unable to regain weight he lost during his illness.
Continue reading Grants Pass restaurant sued over Norovirus outbreak on the Marler Clark website.
More on this outbreak: Si Casa Flores Norovirus Outbreak